[Noisebridge-discuss] Killing Fruit Flies

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 8 12:11:53 UTC 2012

You can try kombucha. I have had a over riped fruit mixed with vinegar as a bite in a trap standing next to my kombucha culture and most of the flies went for the kombucha. So I added some of the kombucha liquid to the bite and many flies changed their preferences to the bite after that.

So if I understand correctly the flies do not "notice" the dish soap in the bite till too late, right? I used bleach for the bite because I did not have any soap and the flies were completely avoiding the bite with the bleach in it but they loved the ones where the bleach was not added (fruit + vineagre).

Best of luck,

Sincerely,

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck

biotechnologist&kvasir and hacker

http://www.frantisekapfelbeck.org

"There is no way to peace, peace is the way." Ghandi