[Noisebridge-discuss] Fwd: RF probe

Jake jake at spaz.org
Fri Jul 20 22:21:06 UTC 2012

what are they making?  what frequency is it at?

I have a 900MHz FET probe for tektronix scopes, and i have a tek 485 scope
that goes to about 500 MHz, and we have a spectrum analyzer here at
noisenbrige that goes to 1300 MHz.

they can build an RF probe from a couple of 1N5711 diodes and a couple
capacitors and a resistor.  But it depends what frequency you're dealing
with.  It gets tricky at high frequencies and if you need accuracy it does
make sense to get a proper probe like the one in the link.

-jake

Kelly wrote:
Hey people,

Do we have one of these about?