[Noisebridge-discuss] some vague intellectual property questions

Jonathan Toomim jtoomim at jtoomim.org
Sat Jul 21 03:37:49 UTC 2012

In the United States, if you publish an invention, the inventor has 1
year from the publication date to file a patent application. After the
publication, no person other than the inventor/publisher can patent the
invention described unless that person can document that they invented
the same thing before the publication date.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novelty_(patent)
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novelty_%28patent%29>