[Noisebridge-discuss] [zine][kink.com][camera] Our house is a very very fine house

Glamortramp glamortramp at riseup.net
Sun Jun 10 15:40:14 UTC 2012

Ironically, I suppose, for someone who's so good at fighting with
everyone, my role often seems to be that of community documentarian or
catalyst for communal creative projects that bring people together. This
morning I woke at 6 a.m. on a bolt of inspiration sent express from my
Muse that I must photo-document the Fire House before it finally collapses
into embers & ashes (which could happen in as little as a week). I believe
only a small percentage of the NB community (even local) is aware -- & per
the rules of security culture I won't give any names or addresses here --
that the Fire House is a home that may or may not be located in the
general vicinity of a fairly well-known hackerspace in the Greater Bay
Area; an off-the-grid home, shall we say, that has existed as such for 8
months, now, & is currently in danger of going up in smoke (for the second
time, but this time metaphorically). I recently moved back into the FH --
which was my first off-the-grid house, where I lived in late 2011 at
exactly the same time I discovered Noisebridge & conceived ZiP: Zine in
Progress -- & re-occupied my old room, which gives a lovely sense of
coming full circle & poetic closure colored w/ sadness & a sort of
pre-nostalgia (nostalgia for something that hasn't ended yet?) since we
seem to be in the eleventh hour (though I still have hope that might be
averted, somehow, through some miracle of the gods or perhaps some
miraculous mistake in paperwork). I want to photo-document the house this
week, leaving out, of course, any persons or rooms who don't wish to be
photographed. Space & housemates permitting, I hope to turn this into an
article/photo-essay for ZiP03, which is currently in the early stages of
composition & will see light some time next month (July, 2012). I'd also
like to take a group photo -- family portrait? -- of everyone who has
lived in this house since its inception in present form in Oct. 2011.
Everyone -- even those who no longer get along, or never got along, or
never speak, or were banned from this or that group, or placed the magic
charm above the door that may have protected the house all this while &
but have now left SF & are blissfully surfing somewhere in Polynesia --
together on the front steps or in front of the garage. "What the f--- does
this have to do with Noisebridge?" you may be angrily shouting at he
computer screen. Well, believe me, it does, as some of you know. Everyone
who has lived in this house in the past 8 months has been at least a
semi-regular Noisebridger. That alone makes it relevant to my mind, so
that's why I want to take a few photos & write down my impressions before
the present becomes the past (I welcome help w/ this from previous or
current residents), & break the silence that normally surrounds this sort
of thing (the FH has been lucky in winning the freedom to flourish in
relative openness), ever so gently, with the intention of honoring this
space that has played such a large role in the lives of myself & a number
of other NB notables over the past year, & imbuing it with the recognition
& respect it deserves from the larger community it has served &
supplemented during that time.

To put this all in a nutshell: I need someone with a camera to help me
take some photos!

Cool, well I'm off to carpe diem...gonna be a hot one, I can tell already
at 8:15 a.m. Good day for a tour of Kink.Com @ the SF Armory. (Color me
excited!) Which will hopefully lead to another fun & nutritious article
for ZiP03, so good it will make all the people I've alienated wish they'd
had thicker skin & stuck it out, so as to be part of something so great.
Wishful thinking has its usefulness!

I leave y'all w/ Phantom Planet's lovely cover of "Our House" by Crosby,
Stills & Nash (+ Young?) I quoted a lyric from it in ZiP01, but nobody
caught that. Skip the ad, sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZhfiZ4Rr1o

~LONGSHANKS~

Where the F--- are the composte & recycling bins? I'm beginning to suspect
foul play.

--
Glam.....or tramp?