[Noisebridge-discuss] book scanner?

Jonathan Mayer jonathan.mayer at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 17:59:25 UTC 2012

Thanks, folks.

The absence of counter-information on this list is telling me that
Noisebridge does not already have a book scanner, so I will make one.

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 3:25 PM, David Rorex <drorex at gmail.com> wrote:

> The newer model of the bookscanner uses a bicycle brake trigger & cables,
> to actuate the physical camera trigger buttons.

Yes, I've seen that.  The mechanical trigger push looked a little
unreliable to me, compared to USB triggering, but there were many other
parts of that design that I really liked -- that design is definitely my
starting point.

> This makes it compatible with pretty much every camera ever, not just the
> ones that are supported by CHDK and the right kind of input port.

CHDK is cool, but is it necessary?  I thought almost all Canon cameras
could be triggered remotely and simply via USB from a laptop?

- Jonathan.