[Noisebridge-discuss] About the missing robotic arm on wheel chair robot

Gopiballava Flaherty gopiballava at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 23:49:50 UTC 2012

On Jun 11, 2012, at 17:39, Jake <jake at spaz.org> wrote:

> The robot already has a safety mechanism.  You can't get it to move
> without a login and some knowledge of how the scripts work.

That's good to know. At the time it want clear to me what was going on.

That being said, the first problem I saw with the robot ramming somebody was caused by the operator simply not paying enough attention to where it was. The guy controlling it was hacking on some control related system and let the robot operate well outside of a distance that allowed him to see what was going on. I'm not really sure how you fix that sort of problem.