[Noisebridge-discuss] "Grant" item from the Tuesday meeting

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Thu Jun 21 02:39:47 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 09:26:40PM -0500, Martin Bogomolni wrote:
> Well, it would _also_ be nice to know:
>
> *) Who is giving the grant?  (DARPA?  The Society of Livid Loonies?  Bob?)

Thiel Foundation.

As far as I can tell it's the technoutopian fragment of Peter Thiel's
imagination as opposed to the christian eschatological, postdemocratic,
or venture capitalist fragments.

> *) What are the terms of the grant ( and why aren't they in the notes?
> ) ( You shall give give all your space to Bob... )

According to the document I saw -- They give us money, we continue to be
noisebridge.  Danny writes them a letter once a year explaining that we
continue to be noisebridge.  We tell them when there's a significant
change (new treasurer, change in structure, change in nonprofit status,
etc).  That's it.

> *) Co-Working .. wha?

Yeah that fucked me up too.  Giving the benefit of the doubt, I
hypothesize they just didn't have a better word for raucous cacophany of
hackery.

-andy