[Noisebridge-discuss] Anyone here ever build one of these new-fangled fancypants neural stimulation headbands the kids are talking about so much today?

Micah Zuorski mzuorski at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 20:46:21 UTC 2012

I built a cheap, super low-tech version yesterday using a 9-volt battery
and a multimeter (the multimeter was to measure my bodys' resistance before
completing the circuit to estimate the amperage we could expect, and to
monitor the amperage in the circuit once it was completed). The amperage
was higher than 2 mA (it felt like a mild carpet-static shock, it seemed
like the circuit had a variable resistance for some reason), so today I'm
going to step down the amperage by hooking up a few AA batteries in series
for a lower voltage. FYI, you can make a cheap electrode paste out of a
half tablespoon each of Aveeno (or other water based lotion) and salt, with
a few drops of water added.

Disclaimer; Despite how easy, fun, and awesome it is, nobody should ever do
this ever ever ever.