[Noisebridge-discuss] Anyone here ever build one of these new-fangled fancypants neural stimulation headbands the kids are talking about so much today?

Micah Zuorski mzuorski at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 21:04:02 UTC 2012

Hey,

My friend and I were just trying to cobble it together out of what we had
already to hand, so we used the multimeter to measure the resistance of the
circuit (basically the resistance of my head) and then calculated the
expected amperage from a 9V battery. It seemed like we should have gotten
about 1 mA, but once we hooked it up the amperage was higher than expected
(we broke the circuit once the multimeter went past two mA, almost
immediately), so it seems like the initial resistance reading was wrong, or
the resistance of my brain changed once it had a current flowing through it
(my guess is the first option). In any event, I don't really know
electronics very well yet, so I'm taking the easy route and trying to
reduce the amperage by reducing the voltage instead of increasing the
resistance.

Instead of sponges we tried putting the conductor paste onto squares of
tinfoil and then connecting the squares to the wires, that part actually
worked pretty well.

Micah