[Noisebridge-discuss] Looking for a very small DC generator

Jake jake at spaz.org
Fri Mar 16 23:48:07 UTC 2012

I think you're looking for vibrators from cellphones or pagers.

-jake

Sean wrote:

I'm looking for a component for my project that's proving difficult to
find.  I'm hoping maybe someone could point me in the right direction.

I'm looking for a very small DC generator (or motor to be used as a
generator) with the following specs:
- The thinnest dimension has to be less than about 6mm (a vertical shaft
("pancake") orientation is preferred, but I might be able to use a
horizontal shaft motor.)
- It needs to produce about 250mW at a speed of less than 500RPM
- Output voltage of 3-5V is ideal

Any suggestions are much appreciated!

- Sean