[Noisebridge-discuss] archiving a password protected website

David Rorex drorex at gmail.com
Wed May 30 18:41:10 UTC 2012

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 11:52 PM, Andy Isaacson <adi at hexapodia.org> wrote:

> There Really Should Be A Tool (tm) that operates as a HTTP proxy and
> simply writes out every HTTP resource that you retrieve to the
> filesystem.  I don't know of one, alas.  You can build one using
> mitmproxy or Perl's proxy module I suspect, but that sounds like work...
>
> -andy

http://www.charlesproxy.com/ does exactly this, if you turn on the 'Mirror'
feature, any webpage & all of its resources will be downloaded to a local
copy, in a directory structure matching the urls you visit. I bought it,
use it for development, but I believe the trial version lets you use all
features after a 10 second nag screen, and a time limit of 30 minutes (but
you can easily restart it after 30 minutes).