[Noisebridge-discuss] Geeks & Depression meetup, Tues, 15-May

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Tue May 8 09:07:29 UTC 2012

Hey Folks,

We are having another Geeks & Depression meetup, next Tuesday, 15-May, starting at 7:30pm.  Location: No Starch Press 38 Ringold Street San Francisco, CA 94103 map: http://g.co/maps/bt7gw

Please join us.  All are welcome.

Share or listen.  You are not alone.

This is a meetup where geeks can talk about depression and suicide.  You are not alone.  Share your story, if you like.  Share a friend's story.  Or just hang out and listen.  By creating a safe space to talk about these things we can feel less alone with our feelings of being alone and depressed or suicidal.

This is not a support group -- none of us are trained professionals, but we can get together in a safe, confidential space to talk about depression and suicide -- an important part of life for so many of us geeks.

If you are not near San Francisco, please feel free to start a Geeks & Depression meetup in your home town.

Mitch.