[Noisebridge-discuss] Visitor from Riverside + torque screwdrivers

Tony Longshanks LeTigre anthonyletigre at gmail.com
Mon May 21 22:40:10 UTC 2012

Two quick things:

1. Does anyone have a set of torque screwdrivers or know where such a set
may be at NB that I could borrow....ideally tonight? I wanted to come in
for Circuit Hacking Monday to repair my old PC laptop, which I know will
require some soldering and a torque screwdriver.

2. I was at NB yesterday when most people were gone to Maker Faire (or the
beach?), and spoke with a couple first-time visitors to the space. One of
them was a grad student from UC-Riverside by the name of Justin, he left me
his card. He told me about trying to start up a hackerspace in Riverside,
and wanting to consult with NBers about the logistics of such a venture. I
explained it was an exceptionally slow weekend & I don't think he'll be
able to come back today, but I wanted to try to connect him with some
helpful people since he was very nice. I can give his contact info to
anyone who wants it.

Btw, we had a lot of fun with the solar eclipse yesterday evening. Sorry I
didn't make the Maker Faire, but thanks to Alan, Danny & others ZiP made an
appearance. Excellent!

~Longshanks~