[Noisebridge-discuss] Servers for donation.

Jake jake at spaz.org
Tue May 1 07:49:23 UTC 2012

I think we don't actually need any of those at noisebridge, there are
already enough public computers, and anything used for infrastructure
needs to be minimum power.

Take them to OTX West, or ask them to come to pick them up.
They teach kids how to work with computers, and give computers to kids
when they have spent enough time there to earn them.

http://www.otxwest.org/

thank you!
-jake

Carlos Ivan Sosa wrote:

Anyone, My employer is getting rid of working workstations and servers...
This range from Pentium D and AMD Athlon XP 64 to Pentium 4.

I was thinking about donating them for the Turing room and other spaces
that require a stable workstation, for instance, the laser cutter, and
other
tools.

Also shit load of SCSI Drives raging from 80G to 100G

Apparently, everything works.

Please let me know if this would be good for the space,
if not to leave it our current space.

We are moving out.

Please let me know quick.

Thanks.