[Noisebridge-discuss] Cynthia asked to leave the space

Wladyslaw Zbikowski embeddedlinuxguy at gmail.com
Tue May 1 20:56:59 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 11:43 AM, Liz Henry <liz at bookmaniac.org> wrote:
> I totally get that, and yet you haven't said why you asked her to leave.

Even more ponderous to consider: why wasn't she asked to leave a year ago.

We all felt bad putting her back on the street because she obviously
had nowhere to go. All of us wanted to walk with her, take her
someplace else, etc. Nobody wants a fellow human to have to be alone.
The truth is people are more afraid of being alone than they are of
dying. We all understand and empathize with this.

An unfortunate side-effect is the tendency for Noisebridge to
sometimes get bogged down with folks who aren't there to advance the
mission of the space, but instead obstruct it. Part of our
responsibility as a community is to counteract this tendency. On the
whole I think we recognize this and are doing a pretty good job.
Frankly I'm ecstatic about the activity and energy almost every time I
go, which is an amazing thing.

What Cynthia actually needs is not a hackerspace at all. She needs a
place where she can use a kitchen without being in anyone's way, and
possibly get some medication, neither of which Noisebridge can offer.
I would be happy to provide Cynthia's contact info if you can help her
to get the help she needs.