[Noisebridge-discuss] Possible spam on events page

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Tue May 22 00:24:31 UTC 2012

Well I am certainly against consuming food which is clearly off. The crucial part of the dumpster diving, at least for me, is to pick up the food which is good and use it as your food source. In that way you do not have to spend your precious resources to buy it and you also use something what would otherwise be a waste I think a nice combination. As an example I have been dumpster diving with a farm manager before, every day, getting three barrels or so full of organic waste from a local shop (with agreement of the owner) and feeding it to the pigs. I have quickly found out that there is enough absolutely great food to feed for 5-6 people every day. There were bunches of radishes, organic, well one was bad so all of them has to go, the same for another vegetables and fruits, like apple which was a bit cracked etc. You it was waste, we were dumpster diving but I was eating better than 90% of Americans and I have paid just by my time and energy to get the
 food, no money involved at that time.

So for me dumpster diving is about getting good food which would be otherwise wasted and use it as your food source.

Sincerely,

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck

biotechnologist&kvasir and hacker

http://www.frantisekapfelbeck.org

"There is no way to peace, peace is the way." Ghandi