[Noisebridge-discuss] Shameless Frantisek Impersonation (Re: LED Calculations help)

Christoph Maier cm.hardware.software.elsewhere at gmail.com
Tue May 22 01:07:37 UTC 2012

As Miloh already mentioned, the 2-wire blinky LEDs are not just LEDs, but
an analog circuit with built-in current limiter;
probably something even better than a resistor.
I'd expect the LEDs to turn on and start blinking at some voltage, then
draw current that increases only very little,
and finally get fried and fail as you turn up the voltage. I would guess
that the LEDs can handle more than 5V.

Still greetings from Seoul, where I'm learining the concept of "love motel".

Christo^H^H^H^H^H^H^HFrantisek