[Noisebridge-discuss] Keyboard glove needs Linux drivers

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Tue May 22 19:38:28 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 11:09 AM, VonGuard <vonguard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone want to write Linux drivers for this:
>
> http://www.theperegrine.com/
>
> It's a keyboard glove, and the company has asked me to help them find some
> folks interested in writing drivers. Shouldn't be an insanely hard process,
> as the glove is fairly simple, and if you want to do it, you'll get a few
> gloves for free.
>
> Email me if you are interested.

I've played around with AVR-based USB HID "devices" before, and so I
only have a general familiarity with the stack.

If the company is willing to provide protocol specifications, I'd
imagine these wouldn't be too hard to get crafted.
Though it makes me wonder why this isn't just a USB HID-like keyboard
in the first place. I imagine that they also need some magic
key-remapping elements?

Cheers,
jof