[Noisebridge-discuss] 101 Intro to Linux Class looking for teachers

jim jim at systemateka.com
Mon May 28 15:01:38 UTC 2012

    Sounds great to me. I believe what James suggested
was an intro to Linux for people who are pretty much
unfamiliar with it, probably Mac or Windows users who
are curious to know what it's about.
    Assuming so, an intro would begin with essential
GUI orientation with an overview of available apps
and rudimentary exercise of wi-fi and a web browser.
    Getting into CLI stuff would be an "advanced"
topic.
    That's my impression of what's needed. Anything
you want to teach, of course, is welcome.

    On Tuesdays from 3 to 4:30 PM we have a Linux Sys
Admin class that's got a heavy CLI component.
    On Wednesdays from 6 to 8 PM there's a Linux
discussion group that's free wheeling, partly a time
and place for Linux people to hook up, partly a time
and place for people to bring fix-it problems, partly
check out news....

    Here's a link to the SF-LUG mailing list: