[Noisebridge-discuss] Creative Suggestions and Long Rambling Thread encouraged

M. Elizabeth Scott beth at scanlime.org
Mon Nov 5 16:28:16 UTC 2012

The kinds of small passive low-frequency RFID tags used for pet
identification really aren't designed for long-range reading. They are
usually read at a range of inches, not feet. I've heard of demonstrations
of longer-range reading, but it requires a lot of power and a big antenna.
And probably a bit of luck.

–beth

—beth