[Noisebridge-discuss] new postermap of the space

Tony Longshanks LeTigre anthonyletigre at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 18:10:43 UTC 2012

That's a hacker solution to the upload problem for sure! (What Mitch said
about uploading files to the wiki.)  I'll follow that tip. But what did I
miss....there used to be an upload page you could just go to & upload from,
I think. One of the "special pages" linked to from the front page of the
wiki. Was it voted off?

Thanks for the info about the DJ booth etc., geographical nomenclature &
its evolution is a subject of fascination to me.

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 8:24 AM, Mitch Altman <maltman23 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I forgot to say:  the way I upload photos and other files:
>
> I click on a photo on the main page of noisebridge.net, and then change
> the resulting url by replacing the photo's file name with the file I want
> to upload.  The resulting page says that the file doesn't exist, and gives
> a link where you can upload your photo.
>
> Best,
> Mitch.

> > From: maltman23 at hotmail.com
> > To: anthonyletigre at gmail.com; noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
> > Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 08:20:43 -0800
> > Subject: Re: [Noisebridge-discuss] new postermap of the space
> >
> > Nice!
> >
> > I uploaded the JPG to the wiki for you:
> > https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/File:Art_nb-blueprint7dc.jpg
> >
> > I don't know if it matters, but the "Sky Cube" was called "The DJ Booth"
> by many people for the first couple of years. The "Brain Cube" was called
> (simply) "The Server Room".
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Mitch.
> >

> > ________________________________
> > > Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 02:04:21 -0800
> > > From: anthonyletigre at gmail.com
> > > To: noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
> > > Subject: [Noisebridge-discuss] new postermap of the space
> > >

> > > This I made today. Had trouble uploading it to the NB wiki, i don't
> > > know if the upload page has moved or not, but I just put it on the zine
> > > site instead for now.
> > >

> http://zine.noisebridge.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/art_nb-blueprint7dc.jpg
> > >
> > > Probably will make some revisions to it still. I'm open to corrections.
> > > Revisions will likely be deletions or size reductions of some of the
> > > labels since rather than adding, b/c it's too busy & cluttered now I
> > > think. I made up a few names, because I do that - I'm a namer. I didn't
> > > know what to call that little spot in back behind Church where the
> > > laser cutter used to live, or the modem room off the library - I
> > > thought of web vault or net vault for that - but decided on Sky cube &
> > > Brain cube for them. And the cafe needed a name better than "the Cafe,"
> > > so until one comes along I though we could just kill some yuppies.
> > >
> > > Who could possibly find that offensive?

*You should read my diaries after I die—I talk about you a lot in there.*