[Noisebridge-discuss] seeking donation of RFID reader equipment

Jake jake at spaz.org
Mon Nov 5 23:31:23 UTC 2012

On Mon, 5 Nov 2012, Andy Isaacson wrote:
> What's the performance of the antenna?  Does it reliably work at 2
> meters and arbitrary orientation wrt the reader?

those are good questions but actually our problem will be performance that
is TOO good.  We only want the RFID reader to pick up tags when they are
in the region near the exit door or the elevator room - otherwise we have
no useful information.

So we will have to work to CUT the antenna range to a tailored region of
noisebridge, which will not be super easy but we can do it.

I am a radio engineer and i certify that the FCS2 package includes a
reasonable antenna for 900MHz RFID communications.

To all the people failing to understand the datasheet:  Mouser lists this
part as having FCS2 packaging.  The datasheet to which I have posted a
link describes the FCS2 packaging very clearly and it includes an antenna.

Please stop confusing everybody.

-jake