[Noisebridge-discuss] new postermap of the space

Tony Longshanks LeTigre anthonyletigre at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 00:02:43 UTC 2012

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 11:37 AM, Nicholas Granado <ngranado at gmail.com>wrote:

> this map looks awesome!
>

> nick

Thanks! It came out very poster-like, so I'm thinking I'll try to print a
few (in color - this is something that would definitely lose visual value
in black & white) of the hackerspacemaps to have on hand for 5MoF next week
also. I could sell them for cost more or less, which I imagine would be a
dollar each, maybe slightly more if printed on larger than letter/A4 size
paper.

I hope you — & everyone — check out the 3rd issue of the
Noisebridge-inspired Zine in Progress (ZiP), also. We'll finally be able to
put it online by early next week, & then I'll have print copies for sale @
the 5M hopefully. (Printing is a lot of work, & money, but worth it.) I
think we're looking for one other person to volunteer at the door or lit
table next Thursday. Word is several other worthy new publications will be
on hand as well. ZiP03 will be 60 pages like ZiP02 was, cost probably the
same — $7 & totally worth it, w/ several color spreads, creative individual
page design with equal attention to both text & visuals, a good mix (I
hope) of laugh-out-loud absurdity  & wrist-slashing seriosity, &
contributions, as before, by a number of NB illuminaries who have never
griped about me not being able to pay them or flaking out on my deadlines
so many times. I hope my being so late (orig. pub date was July 1st,
whupsadaisy!) won't cause people to neglect their work. Nothing really has
an expiration date, I don't think....

Here's the pagemix as of now (first time this is general-public), this'll
change a little bit still, but it's mostly final.

*ZiP Chapter 3: Zealous Insanity Parade*

TABELIST of (MAL)CONTENTS

Zx00+3 Front Cover: Scary Carousel

Zx0075 credits + acknowledgements + introapology (introduction + apology)

Zx0076 Who is the "Whimsical Wizard of ZIP?"

Zx0077 ZiP is to NB as.... a page of unflattering analogies

Zx0078 Epistles (correspondence) / Where Are They Now? (Noisebridge edition)

Zx0079 Fixing the NB network / poop informational poster by Danny O’Brien

Zx007A SEXY FEATURE: A Tour of Kink.com, by Tony Longshanks LeTigre

Zx007B Kink.com p2

Zx007C Kink.com p3

Zx007D Kink.com p4

Zx007E Kink.com p5 with sidebar on price/cost of 50-gallon drum of lube by
Adam Engelhart

Zx007F Adopt-a-Squatter Profiles: please help by adopting one of these
charming, incorrigible vagrants!

Zx0080 The Great Mouse Wars: a dialogue in the Noisebridge library between
Za and Lizzard while sweeping up mouse turds, by Lizzard

Zx0081 Product Review: Fisher's AG-7 Space Pen, by Adam Engelhart

Zx0082 How to Create a Satirical Board Game, by Teale Fristoe (who
test-played his game "Corporate America" at NB this past June)

Zx0083 Satirical Board Game

Zx0084 Satirical Board Game

Zx0085 GNiH (Great Names in Hackerdom): "Hackers Behaving Badly," starring
John Draper, Kevin Mitnick, & Julian Assange

Zx0086 COLORVISUALS: Fabric collages from the NB scrap bins

Zx0087 COLORVISUALS: Scans of art & objets found in the hackerspace

Zx0088 The First-Ever Maker Faire Seoul p1, by Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck

Zx0089 Maker Faire Seoul p2

Zx008A Maker Faire Seoul p3

Zx008B Anarchafeminist Hackerhive, by Lizzard

Zx008C Anarchafeminist Hackerhive p2

Zx008D assembler code page w/ text

Zx008E Tea Not Prison by TLLT (Oshan on trial / Om Shan Tea)

Zx008F zine reviews / zine distro box / puzzle

Zx0090 ZiPCode vol 3: MacRelix by codewizard Josh Juran

Zx0091 MacRelix p2

Zx0092 MacRelix p3

Zx0093 MacRelix p4

Zx0094 Brainstorm: possible new forms of government Noisebridge could
experiment with

Zx0095 Is Noisebridge an Anarchist Hackerspace? by Danny O’Brien

Zx0096 Anarchist Hackerspace p2

Zx0097 Anarchist Hackerspace p3

Zx0098 Anarchist Hackerspace p4

Zx0099 Anarchist Hackerspace p5  / lead-in to G&D feature

Zx009A SOBERING FEATURE: Geeks & Depression: or, How I learned to stop
worrying and....no, I never really stopped worrying, by Daravinne (co-emcee
of 5MoF) p1

Zx009B G&D p2  <<begin intermission>>

Zx009C ART IN COLOR by Dylan Frieday

Zx009D ART IN COLOR by Dylan Frieday

Zx009E <<end intermission>> G&D p3

Zx009F G&D p4

Zx00A0 G&D p5

Zx00A1 G&D p6

Zx00A2 Art or other light fare to wind down from heavy feature, perhaps
some vegan cupcakes & a glass of sherry

Zx00A3 NB-Discuss drama detection / Nominees for 2012 "Best Drama" Noisey
Awards (to be bestowed in December or January)

Zx00A4 The Mostly True Story of My First Squat: a Firehouse Retrospective,
by TLLT p1

Zx00A5 Firehouse p2

Zx00A6 Firehouse p3

Zx00A7 Firehouse p4 + Firehouse recollection by Garlique O. Spacegirl

Zx00A8 Non Sequitur News / A Bunch of Random Shit Together on One Page

Zx00A9 Non Sequitur News p2

Zx00AA Product Report: Pacific-Cornetta's Screaming Meanie alarm clock by
Adam Engelhart

Zx00AB Shadowfolds: elegant & easy-to-make geometric paperforms & related
new book by recent NB visitor Chris K. Palmer

Zx00AC 3pE Cats are Better Than Dogs (and If you don't think so, I'm right)
by Kitty Hordinfreke

Zx00AD In Defense of Poetry: The Survivor, by TLLT

Zx00AE Game Over / Endtable of Contents

Zx00-3 Back cover Droste-effective disorder" + teaser for end-of-world
special Christmas issue of ZiP to be released at noon  on Dec. 21st,
2012—if the world doesn’t end first!