[Noisebridge-discuss] Elevator buzzer not working

Jake jake at spaz.org
Thu Nov 8 22:58:16 UTC 2012

The elevator buzzer was removed from the wall, directly above the door
intercom thingy and video monitor.

I think it was removed when Cliff was painting the wall there.  Obviously
it should have stayed or at least been put back immediately.

I saw it in the hack pile and i put it on the welcome desk a week ago but
i didn't get a chance to put it back up.

fortunately the wire from the button downstairs is still around, so it
will be easy to hook it all back up if the buzzer is still around.

It looks like a doorbell and an oval speaker and a transformer mounted to
a piece of plywood.  The speaker is 6" x 9" in size.

-jake

Liz wrote:
The buzzer by the elevator is not working as of yesterday and today. I
wonder if someone can take a look at it and try to get it working again?
I looked on the wiki here:

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Elevator_Buzzer

and here:

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Elevator

The elevator usually doesn't come to the first floor when I need to use
it, so I depend on the buzzer to get help from people upstairs with
bringing the elevator down.

I wonder where the hardware went to.... it looks like it has been
removed on purpose?  I know sometimes new people don't understand why
the buzzer keeps going off and who just think it's annoying but I always
try to explain it is a separate thing from the door entry buzzer.

If anyone might help out with replacing the buzzer - maybe tomorrow? I
can help get parts for it.

Cheers,

Liz