[Noisebridge-discuss] Callwithus balance below $10, please contribute to the red phone that calls anywhere in the USA for a pittance

Jake jake at spaz.org
Wed Nov 14 21:58:56 UTC 2012

please don't give the red payphone a regular telephone number, unless you
are prepared to asterisk it so you can ony make it ring by entering a
valid door code on your touch-tone keypad.  It is after all a main
attraction of the kind of people i am trying to throttle back with al the
entry code stuff.

an alternative would be to just not give it a phone number at al but
provide a way where people coild call it from their computers if they knew
how.

-jake

miloh wrote:

thanks everyone for making this a successful campaign.  Please redirect
any planned future donations to other projects worthy of note!

The payphone balance has been bumped up by $50.00 via paypal (processing
fees may reduce that a bit) There's now just over $58.50 in the account.

last note: Last time I overhauled the red payphone electronics, I
installed a ringer inside it. Should I look for a service that will give
us a USA and DE DID? I'm thinking of making a PLAR between Noisebridge and
other hackerspaces, or with the handsetless phone downstairs.

-rma