[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge want a MacBookPro2,2?

Dan Cote terminationshok at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 01:46:18 UTC 2012

Thank you Robert. I currently have the macbook. I discussed with him
the dilemma of tweakers who will steal the computer after divesting it of
all it's not so valuable parts and magic smoke. I was left with the duty to
protect it from this fate. Until this plague of rampant theft subsides, I
think a chain of custody will be best. If people have projects they want to
work on, or classes they want to take, but don't have a good computer, they
can borrow it, and be responsible for handing it in good condition to the
next user. We need some way of knowing who has it at any given time, in
case it disappears.

This computer is very useful for ios development. Many developers want to
develop for ios, but don't have an osx platform to do it on. We have
several other useful things for development. Things like dev kits and
whatnot that I'd like to lend out. I am thinking about building a simple
checkout system, but for now, just reply to this email if you have a
project that requires this resource. I think we would get many more
computer donations if they were not torn to shreds and rendered useless.