[Noisebridge-discuss] SIMS card to CDMA

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Thu Nov 22 07:53:05 UTC 2012

Not sure what you mean by "SIMS", but I would presume you mean a GSM or
iDEN phone that has a SIM card.

If so, no, there's no way to get a GSM or iDEN phone to start speaking CDMA.

As far as I know, Boost has been a Sprint-backed MVNO (meaning they don't
own the cell towers, but lease access for their customers).
Apparently, Sprint is stopping their iDEN service in June 2013, so
presumably they're getting users to migrate now before they lose service.

However, I see no reason that a CDMA phone wouldn't have a removable
battery. Do all the Boost phones have fixed batteries? Looking at a couple
of the ones they offer on their site, some seem to have removable batteries.

Cheers,
jof