[Noisebridge-discuss] [Rack] 172.30.0.2 ... down?

Jonathan Toomim jtoomim at jtoomim.org
Fri Nov 30 00:48:06 UTC 2012

tl;dr: It looks like one of our switches is failing.

Internet was down from within noisebridge. This was true for both wifi
and all of the Ethernet ports/cables I tried. I wasn't getting a DHCP
lease. I gave myself a static IP, but still couldn't ping 172.30.0.4 or
anything else, even other computers which I also gave static IPs. I
rebooted r00ter by power cycling several times. That didn't do anything
noticeable. I called Jake, and he was able to ssh into minotaur. At some
point, I decided to start power cycling the switches. I did so. I tested
the internet. It was working again. I started writing this email.

My guess: whichever switch it is that connects the noisebridge
local/wifi network to minotaur and the wall of tubes is failing. I
*think* that's in the closet on Susan (the rack).

Jonathan