[Noisebridge-discuss] Cory Doctorow book signing Thurs 7PM @Borderlands

John de Largentaye john at largentaye.org
Thu Oct 4 04:08:25 UTC 2012

Folks,

Cory Doctorow was the European Affairs Coordinator for the EFF.
Together with  Noisebridger Danny O'Brien and other, he helped
establish the Open Rights Group in the UK. He's a columnist writing
against excessive copyright and government oversight for The Guardian
UK, and prolific blogger on BoingBoing. Also a friend of some NB
alumni. Hell, NB even features in his latest book, Pirate Cinema!

So I thought you'd be interested to know that Cory will be doing a
talk and signing event at neighbouring Borderlands (866 Valencia)
tomorrow Thursday at 7PM for Pirate Cinema.

Living in the South Bay, I attended his event at Kepler's in Menlo
Park (somewhat sparsely attended. Was there some other major event
tonight keeping everyone busy?), and sporting an NB t-shirt asked him
about Flattr: "Great! But doesn't help fight poisonous IP
legislation". I regret not thinking of other questions to bother him
with, such as what he thinks of the failing Hadopi in France as an
example of things to come.