[Noisebridge-discuss] We're now being offered bike parking!

James Sundquist sundquistjames at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 23:23:45 UTC 2012

Just received the following.  Will the person(s) the MTA says they've
e-mailed on behalf of Noisebridge please step forward!

btw Snail, apologies for not responding to you right away.  I simply wrote
the [attached] e-mail and sent it off straight away.

> Hi James
>

> Thank you very much for the additional information. I sent an email to
> Noisebridge to confirm that they need and want bike parking and how much.

Earlier e-mail thread follows:

> Hi Ryan,
>
>     Thanks for your response.  I just want to clarify with you that 2169
> Mission is an extremely high traffic area for bicycles.  It is the home of
> the Submission punk rock venue and a very large 510c3 non-profit known as
> Noisebridge.  Noisebridge is a 5,200sq foot space that offers free
> technology-related classes (think web design) and is open 24-hours per
> day.  Here is a link <https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Noisebridge> to
> the current events at the space; notice how many are offered and heavily
> attended.  There are bicycles racks in the space that can accomodate 14
> bicycles, but they are almost always full.
>     The nearest outdoor bicycle parking is at the other end of the block,
> outside Thrift Town.  Please reconsider adding Bike Parking outside, or
> near the corner of 18th and Mission.  Feel free to drop by and see for
> yourself how bicycle parking would have a positive impact on this part of
> Mission!

Thank you for requesting bicycle parking at this location.  The San