[Noisebridge-discuss] We're now being offered bike parking!

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 11 00:07:58 UTC 2012

Would you be OK asking Ryan what email address he used to email Noisebridge?

Thanks,
Mitch.

From: sundquistjames at gmail.com
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 16:23:45 -0700
To: noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
Subject: Re: [Noisebridge-discuss] We're now being offered bike parking!

Just received the following.  Will the person(s) the MTA says they've e-mailed on behalf of Noisebridge please step forward!

btw Snail, apologies for not responding to you right away.  I simply wrote the [attached] e-mail and sent it off straight away.

Hi James
 Thank
 you very much for the additional information. I sent an email to
Noisebridge to confirm that they need and want bike parking and how
much.
Earlier e-mail thread follows:
Hi Ryan,

    Thanks for your response.  I just want to clarify
with you that 2169 Mission is an extremely high traffic area for
bicycles.  It is the home of the Submission punk rock venue and a very
large 510c3 non-profit known as Noisebridge.  Noisebridge is a 5,200sq
foot space that offers free technology-related classes (think web
design) and is open 24-hours per day.  Here is a link
 to the current events at the space; notice how many are offered and
heavily attended.  There are bicycles racks in the space that can
accomodate 14 bicycles, but they are almost always full.

    The nearest outdoor bicycle parking is at the other end of the
block, outside Thrift Town.  Please reconsider adding Bike Parking
outside, or near the corner of 18th and Mission.  Feel free to drop by
and see for yourself how bicycle parking would have a positive impact on
 this part of Mission!

Thank you for requesting bicycle parking at this location.  The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition provides event bicycle parking. We
provide bicycle parking at locations that have consistent and frequent
demand on a near daily basis, therefore we do not recommend installing
bike parking at this location.

Original proposal for bicycle parking:
name: Noisebridge

address: 2169 Mission Street

  Bicycles are attached to random things all over the sidewalk once the
bicycle racks inside fill-up.  Thank you for the consideration!