[Noisebridge-discuss] Donation of Some Stuff 2NB

Aaronco Thirtysix aaronco36 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 02:53:09 UTC 2012

Someone once told a big yapper: Put Up or Shut Up!

So, I just wanted to say that I assembled, wired-up, and Put Up a
light in the Church classroom for the benefit of  workshop
participants. Just a simple 23W CF lamp hanging along the side of the
top-left, South-facing wall, with a 40'+ plug-in extension cord. Great
to use during screen presentations when it is too dark in the
classroom to even see your keyboard. Thanks go to
Catherine/Kathryn/... for helping me out here!

I also spliced and taped together the ends of the extension cords
after separating the cable to use for the lamp. They now make 4"-6"
extensions to better facilitate plugging those bulky 2-plug AC-adapter
transformers into standard outlets. Put a handful or more of these
useful, green, 4"-6" extensions into one of the hacker bins already
containing AC-adapters.

Also donated to the NB Library a pair of copies of the book The
Cathedral and The Bazaar, written by Eric S. Raymond. CatB website is
http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/cathedral-bazaar/
Thanks to Robert, Eric and the dude with the liprings and
sideshaven-head hanging around the Replicator Thu night, for helping
me appropriately label and Put Up these book copies!

-A
--
Go SFGiants... Way to beat those Cincy #FF0000's after 5 games!!!