[Noisebridge-discuss] Greetings with a dishrack

Andrew Byrne andrew at pachakutech.com
Fri Oct 12 14:27:11 UTC 2012

I have racks ready to put on the bar and footers 3 feet over the sink. They
are currently drying from being treated with Boiled Linseed Oil. John and I
read up on this substance and found that some people are concerned about
the effects of Boiled, not regular oil. I think it is a concern about the
addition of mineral spirits, which is not the case with this brand. The
safety warning on the back has strong language about the treatment and
possible consumption of uncured boiled linseed oil. Film finishes such as
this do not last when washed frequently, so I'd like to cut a warning about
not using soap to wash them on one of the sticks using the laser cutter.
This will most probably not result in a cutter fire of significant
proportions. The whole get-up will be smelly for a while.

-AnB
-
--
-- --