[Noisebridge-discuss] 3D Printing -- Who to contact for advice?

Jennifer Mann simple.as.pi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 05:22:28 UTC 2012

Hey Noisebridge,

I've got some awesome parts I'd like to 3D print for my Halloween costume,
but I've never used the Makerbots before.  Who would it be best to contact
with questions about the printers and for advice on designing parts?

*The background*:  The parts are designed in Solidworks and I can export
.stl files no problem.  There are a few overhangs that I think I'll need to
design supports for, and this is one thing I could use some advice on
(spacing, thickness, etc.)  I have a PC with ReplicatorG v.29 that I was
going to run the printer from.

I tried stopping by Noisebridge tonight because I heard that sometimes
there's a neetup on Wednesdays about the 3D printers, but I guess tonight
there wasn't.  If there will be in the future, I will definitely drop by
then.

Thank you in advance!

Best,
Jenn