[Noisebridge-discuss] Toward a Federation of Bay Area DIY Communities: First Meetup & Building Tour

Jenny Ryan jenny at thepyre.org
Mon Oct 22 04:12:12 UTC 2012

Dear hackers and allies,

As the one-year anniversary of our first meeting approaches, the folks at sudo
room <http://sudoroom.org> are ready to expand into a space more befitting
of the vastness of our dreams. One such possible space is now available at
2141 Broadway St in Oakland - details here:
http://sudoroom.org/wiki/2141_Broadway

But it is too large and expensive for us alone! And so, in the spirit of
cultivating a friendly federation of Bay Area hackerspaces, cooperatives,
and DIY endeavors, we'd like to invite you to a meetup and tour of the
space.

*When*: Saturday, October 27th @ 12-2pm (with more meetups to follow if you
can't make this one!)
*Where*: 2141 Broadway St, Oakland (about a block and a half from the 19th
St Oakland BART)
*What:* Tour of space followed by discussion of federated model of
co-support between and among the various extant and emerging hackerspaces
in the East Bay (and beyond!).
*Who:* Please edit this document to add yourselves to our 'Summit of the
Clans' :) -
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApmrUsz7z5DodFhzN2FnS0haek1wU1BNY0FoVEpva0E#gid=0

Regardless of whether you're interested in sharing physical space with Sudo
Room, the larger aim of this and future Bay Area DIY federation meetups is
to get to know each other better and discuss how we can support each
other's spaces and work together to provide a holistic hacker-friendly
environment for the Bay Area.

We are especially interested in diving deep into issues of creating
inclusive, diverse spaces and would like to employ a diversity of tactics
in addressing the needs of our local milieus. Please forward this
invitation along to anyone you know who is both extremely excellent and in
need of a collaborative hackspace :)

Wiki page:
http://sudoroom.org/wiki/Toward_a_Federation_of_Bay_Area_DIY_Communities

Or join the ongoing convo at #sudoroom on Freenode IRC, web portal here:
http://sudoroom.org/chat

In love and hacktivism,
jenny
(sudo room community liason & webweaver)

http://jennyryan.net
http://thepyre.org
http://thevirtualcampfire.org
http://technomadic.tumblr.com