[Noisebridge-discuss] Two working surveillance cameras, but no functional doorbell?

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Thu Oct 25 08:45:41 UTC 2012

There are now two cameras installed around the front gate providing
video feeds back into the space, yet our doorbell doesn't work. The two
times I entered the space today no one greeted me or welcomed me to
Noisebridge.

The second new camera's feed is attached to a CRT tube TV on the floor
near the elevator room, which I turned off after entering the space
because the pitch the TV hits annoyed the fuck out of me and it's also a
power sink. No one complained or questioned me when I shut it off.

Also the buzzer for the elevator assistance button is dead, the
classrooms still don't have proper light, the space is a mess, all of
the trashcans are in one corner of the building, the bathrooms are
disgusting, fruit flies have been eating the cash bills in our donations
box, every time I've been in the space over the past month someone's
come up to me asking about where they can find a Noisebridge shirt in
their size or stickers, and there were a pair of Pan Handle-esk gutter
kids openly talking about crashing on a couch and how the space would be
better if there it had a working shower.

But it's cool, we can fix all these mostly
social/time/resource/community problems, with more technology, like the
two working surveillance cameras attached to the front gate, which no
one is watching.

--
Rubin
rubin at starset.net