[Noisebridge-discuss] Two working surveillance cameras, but no functional doorbell?

Jake jake at spaz.org
Thu Oct 25 09:46:22 UTC 2012

I see you noticed the new camera, which should help in reducing access to
people repelling our core productive membership, but you failed to
notice your own hypocrisy in pooping all over the one example of positive
improvements to the space while whining about the improvements that were
not made..  while not making any improvements yourself.

Danny and Josh have been working on better access control, so that people
can no longer buzz the door open anonymously and thus let random strangers
in all the time, to poop all over the place, like you just did to this
list.

I put in another camera, so that we can get a better view of who is at the
door, to make sure they're not street kids, thieves, or i dunno, cops.

You on the other hand, didn't even come to the meeting, to hear about the
fact that the doorbell is broken and that people are going to need to fix
that, but that it's a low priority because the only people affected by it
are people who are not as likely to improve the space.

It's true that noisebridge has been wearing sweatpants and a dirty white
undershirt for a while now, but without your help we are working toward
getting back to the glory days despite the fact that every homeless person
and thief has heard we're easy pickings.

-jake

Rubin wrote:
There are now two cameras installed around the front gate providing
video feeds back into the space, yet our doorbell doesn't work. The two
times I entered the space today no one greeted me or welcomed me to
Noisebridge.

The second new camera's feed is attached to a CRT tube TV on the floor
near the elevator room, which I turned off after entering the space
because the pitch the TV hits annoyed the fuck out of me and it's also a
power sink. No one complained or questioned me when I shut it off.

Also the buzzer for the elevator assistance button is dead, the
classrooms still don't have proper light, the space is a mess, all of
the trashcans are in one corner of the building, the bathrooms are
disgusting, fruit flies have been eating the cash bills in our donations
box, every time I've been in the space over the past month someone's
come up to me asking about where they can find a Noisebridge shirt in
their size or stickers, and there were a pair of Pan Handle-esk gutter
kids openly talking about crashing on a couch and how the space would be
better if there it had a working shower.

But it's cool, we can fix all these mostly
social/time/resource/community problems, with more technology, like the
two working surveillance cameras attached to the front gate, which no
one is watching.

--
Rubin