[Noisebridge-discuss] 3D Charting demo released

JW idht at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 25 18:16:31 UTC 2012

Hi,

 To those who might be interested in 3D viewers and dynamic data presentation of some kind:

 I just released a demo of my 3D Charting library based on OpenGL:

http://youtu.be/FKIvI7QxuZQ

  It is very flexible and can present objects of different shapes (see the video).
What's special, its performance is good enough to attach some kind of DYNAMIC input to the 3D object,
so that it self-modifies dynamically WHILE YOU ARE LOOKING AT IT at different angles.

 Basically, the object could come alive and start breathing for you :)

Use cases? For example, it could be used to connect the output of a set of sensors to it.
 imagine a barchart, where each bar is connected to a linear input source and dynamically changes its shape according to the current input values.
For more use cases, please see the video.

 If you need it for your work or know somebody who might need it, please let me of them know.

If you view the video on you tube and think that it's cool, PLEASE LIKE it there.

 If I collect many likes, I may be able to quote the popularity to borrow some money and port this library to iPhone and Android. It's a .NET app at the moment, but I am sure it would be desirable by many as a library for smart phones.

Thank you for reading this,
John Waln