[Noisebridge-discuss] A modest proposal

rachel lyra hospodar rachelyra at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 20:25:30 UTC 2012

Noisebridge has always (afaik) held that nobody should get a work-trade
membership, that everyone should pay their dues in filthy lucre.

I humbly submit an idea for a different system - where some members can
enter into a contract (with the membership body as a whole) to do work in
exchange for membership. These roles could be treasury or other
mission-critical tasks, or could be greeter/cleaner roles.

I think there would have to be careful process building but I am curious if
people are interested in revisiting this idea.  It could be a six-month
trial.

R.