[Noisebridge-discuss] Fwd: Notice of Paypal Policy Updates

rachel lyra hospodar rachelyra at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 19:57:53 UTC 2012

Hey Noisebridge,

Check out this policy update I just got from Paypal.  We already know
they are nefarious, of course, but this is some gnarly kind of way to
behave.  Do we still use them for processing payments? Do we want to
keep doing that in light of their overall track record as well as this
recent information?

R.

	View online
<https://email-edg.paypal.com/r/EKXJE0M/AQ3I9/409D1MW/C584VA/M8QWM/85/h?a=EKXJE0M&b=DFHI2&c=I9XDHYR&d=LQOH531&e=1>

PayPal

Notice of Policy Updates

Dear Rachel [User],
PayPal recently posted a new Policy Update which includes changes to the
PayPal User Agreement. *The update to the User Agreement is effective
November 1, 2012 and contains several changes, including changes that
affect how claims you and PayPal have against each other are resolved.
You will, with limited exception, be required to submit claims you have
against PayPal to binding and final arbitration, unless you opt out of
the Agreement to Arbitrate (Section 14.3) by December 1, 2012. _Unless
you opt out: (1) you will only be permitted to pursue claims against
PayPal on an individual basis, not as a plaintiff or class member in any
class or representative action or proceeding and (2) you will only be
permitted to seek relief (including monetary, injunctive, and
declaratory relief) on an individual basis._*

You can view this Policy Update by logging in to your PayPal account. To
log in to your account, go to https://www.paypal.com and enter your
member log in information. Once you are logged in, look at the
Notifications section on the top right side of the page for the latest
Policy Updates. *We encourage you to review the Policy Update to
familiarize yourself with all of the changes that have been made.*

If you need help logging in, go to our Help Center by clicking the Help
link located in the upper right-hand corner of any PayPal page.

Sincerely,

PayPal

	Please do not reply to this email. We are unable to respond to
inquiries sent to this address. For immediate answers to your questions,
visit our Help Center by clicking "Help" located on any PayPal page or
email.

Copyright © 2012 PayPal Inc. All rights reserved. PayPal is located at
2211 N. First St., San Jose, CA 95131.