[Noisebridge-discuss] New Android app: Noisegate

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Tue Oct 9 18:52:59 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 9:01 AM, rachel lyra hospodar
<rachelyra at gmail.com> wrote:
> We do have undesired, even banned users, who have smartphones. I personally
> don't think 'has an android' is a meaningful bar of entry.  My preference
> would be a more platform-agnostic tool - for example, some kind of sms
> authentication.

I'm pretty sure we can work out some interesting androidy thing that
would work with both of these preferences. For instance, if the
android app also let someone get an entry key, and then tied the entry
key to opening the door, then you would be approximating Jake's system
rather than the buzzer.