[Noisebridge-discuss] request for AVR embedded systems tutor

Daniel Pitts coloraura.com at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 00:01:18 UTC 2012

On 10/9/12 8:56 AM, jim wrote:
>      Thanks. I hope I can afford the hardware for a
> 32-bit AVR microcontroller (which doesn't much
> matter to me at this point).
Any reason you're going with 32-bit? If you're interested in the "low
level" programming, then AVR 8-bit is very fun to play around with.
> The first job is to get the hardware chain and test it.
You can even get started very quickly and cheaply with the Arduino
board. That's how I started.  I now use my Arduino board only as the
programmer for my other AVR chips, at least for the time being.
> After that, swapping development language should be easy to do.
More or less. Some programs are just easier to design in C or C++.
>      I like assembler. It's thrilling for me.

I have nothing disparaging to say about Assembler.  Just that C is
easier to get up and running and learn the concepts.