[Noisebridge-discuss] Use of Nitrous Oxide in the space on Sunday night

Sean Cusack sean.p.cusack at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 19:07:23 UTC 2012

I think in this instance, there is a big difference between drugs and
booze. Namely, the door-getting-kicked-in factor.

If the door gets kicked in, and people are drinking booze, no one gets in
trouble as long as those drinking booze are over 21, and some measures have
been taken to ensure only people over 21 years of age have been served.
If the door gets kicked in, and people are doing a drug that is currently
illegal in California, Noisebridge is going to get in trouble.

No one person may agree with the way certain substances are classified by
the government, however they are laws. Until we can find a way to change
that, I think a good tactic to combat those doing something illegal in the
space is to remind people that doing illegal substances in the space may
cause the space to get shut down for the hackers that love it dearly.

Hope that helps...happy anniversary Noisebridge!
Sean