[Noisebridge-discuss] Use of Nitrous Oxide in the space on Sunday night

Martin Bogomolni martinbogo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 18:49:14 UTC 2012

Zephyr :

Just a correction.  People like referencing that bit, but they keep
forgetting about 381b .. it's just one paragraph before, and it's VERY
clear on the subject:

 CA penal code:

381b.  Any person who possesses nitrous oxide or any substance
containing nitrous oxide, with the intent to breathe, inhale, or
ingest for the purpose of causing a condition of intoxication,
elation, euphoria, dizziness, stupefaction, or dulling of the senses
or for the purpose of, in any manner, changing, distorting, or
disturbing the audio, visual, or mental processes, or who knowingly
and with the intent to do so is under the influence of nitrous oxide
or any material containing nitrous oxide is guilty of a misdemeanor.
This section shall not apply to any person who is under the
influence of nitrous oxide or any material containing nitrous oxide
pursuant to an administration for the purpose of medical, surgical,
or dental care by a person duly licensed to administer such an agent.

NO2, with intent to inhale, if you are not in the middle of a
Dentist's appointment, is a misdemeanor.   Cut and dry.

-M