[Noisebridge-discuss] Use of Nitrous Oxide in the space on Sunday night

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Fri Oct 12 01:12:55 UTC 2012

Liz Henry wrote, On 2012-10-11 17:37:
> But, when it comes to acting in ways that don't
> respect other which, Rubin and Zeph and whoever else, it sounds like you
> were doing, .... what is the point?  It is sophomoric to argue that
> something Zach did 2 years ago might have bothered you. If it did, did
> you say so, ever?

Excuse me? I don't believe anyone has pointed a finger at me in the last
24 hours (at least not over this mailing list) about how my actions in
the space were not respecting others. I'm simply adding in my
observations from the night, which also include a statement about how,
yes people were loud and kind of obnoxious in the space.

If someone has a problem with how I act in the space, let's totally talk
about it, but as far as I can tell now one has come up to either this
community or me personally to let me know that how I acted at
Noisebridge on Sunday night was not positive. I was busy making tinfoil
hats, photographing the going ons, and chatting with friends and fellow
hackers about how Noisebridge is awfully good at failing.

This thread is officially ironic if you think about that last bit.

> I was just on Caltrain during the weekend of the
> Giants game and the train was full of drunk guys acting aggro and
> harassing all the women, like a disgusting frat house, and it was scary
> and horrible even in broad daylight. Why do you think you can hang out
> at Noisebridge and act like that, when you'd probably throw some random
> other person out for acting that way?

Woah woah woah. I don't think anyone said anything about folks at
Noisebridge on the night in question...

* Acting agro
* Harassing all the women
* Acting as if in a disgusting frat house
* Being scary and horrible

Nor has anyone said in this thread people at Noisebridge should be
allowed to existing in the space and act that way. I'm sorry you had an
awful Caltrain experience (it happened enough to me that I started
avoiding Giants game trains).

I'm not sure why you feel a Sunday night at Noisebridge was apparently a
unwieldy wild sexist frat party, but I don't believe you were there nor
has anyone posted anything near resembling such such statements about
the eve or how these actions you've just listed off should be accepted
at Noisebridge. Please don't add falls information to a discussion that
should really be happening in person and not over the trollable internet.

I'm kind of done responding to this thread, as apparently trying to help
out with perspective and observation isn't helpful and some how has
degraded my day into defending myself from false accusations. Thanks.

--
Rubin
rubin at starset.net