[Noisebridge-discuss] Hacker cracks 4 million hotel locks

bandit bandit at cruzio.com
Fri Oct 12 20:17:22 UTC 2012

A paper at the latest Black Hat shows the hack with an Arduino.

Hack-a-day has a post on a version where the electronics is in a dry erase
marker case, with the connector as the tip.

Basically, a connector on the bottom of the lock implements a one-wire
back door interface.

Yes, it is real. Even the tabloids need to fill space, and they use real
things. But, one should always verify if you start with the tabloids.
Unless you happen to wear black suits and have really cool blasters.

... bandit

bandit at cruzio.com
505-228-8197
bandit.name

I am a systems engineer, specializing in:
- Mission-Critical embedded systems
- device drivers
- control and data acquisition systems
My stuff *works* - *all the time*.

Member: INCOSE.org, PACA.org, IEEE.org, CaliforniaConsultants.org, quelab.net

And to support my son: Proud members of the New Mexico .NET User Group.
Please go to the community website at www.nmug.net.