[Noisebridge-discuss] I got groped at noisebridge at hackmeet

Tony Longshanks LeTigre anthonyletigre at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 17:40:15 UTC 2012

JCF wrote:
If you don't understand why, I suggest you do some Googling and learn why.
*

I suggest you not be so quick to judge, and stop putting words in my mouth.
They're the words you want to hear me say, because you obviously have an
image of who I am & where I'm coming from & you're all ready to lash out at
it. This is typical projection, Psych 101 stuff. Trouble is....*

On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 10:16 AM, Jeffrey Carl Faden
<jeffreyatw at gmail.com>wrote:

> You didn't realize the severity of the issue but were fine with
> talking about how you wish you were groped more often because you envy
> systematic suppression of women?

*I didn't say that. YOU said that. I made a joke about wanting to be
groped, & then turned to other subjects. By the way, if you knew me
personally, you'd know I make jokes about everything & everyone, & have a
rather dark sense of humor.*

> Get a fucking clue.

*Get a fucking anger management control class, & a goddamned sense of
humor. This thread, beginning with the original post, has been rife with
hysteria, overreactions, wild accusations & paranoia. That's hardly my
fault. Good luck to the victim of the assault, my offer to include a piece
of your writing re: this issue is sincere (even if you disagree w/ anything
I've said in your piece!) & I hope y'all get over this & not let it ruin
your image of hackers & hackerspaces. After all, if you just leave & don't
stick around to effect the change you'd like to see—who will?*
*
*
*
*
*T.*

--
*You should read my diaries after I die—I talk about you a lot in there.*