[Noisebridge-discuss] Points of information re: Nitrous Oxide

Robert "Finny" Merrill rfmerrill at berkeley.edu
Wed Oct 24 21:01:24 UTC 2012

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 1:15 PM, Tony Longshanks LeTigre
<anthonyletigre at gmail.com> wrote:
> File under "anecdotal evidence": As a frequent user of many drugs over the
> years, I choose not to do nitrous because in my experience it's a super
> short, disorientingly weird, lame-as-hell high. Reminds me of that thing we
> used to do as kids where you would take a big breath & hold it & then one of
> your friends would stand behind you & clasp their arms around your stomatch
> & squeeze so that you'd pass out & wake up feeling indescribably weird &
> otherworldly for a few seconds. I enjoyed that as a kid, I guess, but then I
> enjoyed eating my boogers as a kid, too.

I'm trying not to be snotty (no pun intended) here but this whole post
comes off as judgmental and condescending. What is your point? Are you
trying to say that nitrous is an objectively "bad" drug?

It has different effects on different people. To some people it's a
powerful entheogen. To others, it's just a short-lived, dirty feeling
and uninteresting buzz.

(also, you probably didn't try combining it with LSD)