[Noisebridge-discuss] people are picking the lock with a bart card. repair needed!

Jake jake at spaz.org
Thu Oct 25 16:42:07 UTC 2012

I just remembered, about 4AM the other night on my way out, i learned that
people are regularly pushing the door open about 1/4" and sticking a
credit card or bart cart into where the lock is, and it opens the door.

The street kids and theives have shared this information (it's the only
thing they have to do all day) and it's easier for them to get in than
people coming for classes.

We need to replace the part of the lock on the gate that sticks out (of
the door of the gate) because it is missing a piece and so the bolt that
sticks out into the electric buzzer is all floppy and wiggly jiggly.

Someone should remove the old busted one and take it to a hardware store
like Workingman's Headquarters (2871 mission at 25th street) and get a
brand new one with all the pieces.

who will do this?

note to those who will say it's the landlord's responsibility:
I disagree, we make 99% of the traffic through that door and we have made
many modifications to the entryway, and we hope to reserve the right to
make more.  I think that unlike normal rental situations, it is entirely
our responsibility to maintain that lock and gate.  Besides, if they fix
it, they will just pay a professional to replace the same part and charge
us what they paid him, we can just do it ourselves.