[Noisebridge-discuss] Two working surveillance cameras, but no functional doorbell?

Jake jake at spaz.org
Thu Oct 25 16:29:19 UTC 2012

its a face cam, it points at the face of whoever is standing at the door
looking at it waiting to be let in, so that we know who we are buzzing in.

it's not like it's a surveillance cam, watching the otherwise very private
life of people on mission street, doing whatever they're doing.

geez, would you people prefer a blindfold when you let people in?  you can
just close your eyes.  I think the majority of people would prefer being
able to see who is at the door.

you're welcome.

> It's taken us 4 years to go from a space that welcomes anonymity to a
> state of preferring surveillance and control over simply saying hello
> and promoting the notion of responsibility over whom you let in.

yeah, security through obscurity doesn't work forever. get used to it.

-jake